restic 0.10.0 released19 Sep 2020
After ten months of work we’ve just released restic 0.10.0! For downloading the new release and to see a more detailed list of important changes, please head over to GitHub. If you already have restic (0.9.4 or later), you can use the
self-update command to automatically download and verify the new release.
This release contains a lot of improvements, both smaller and bigger ones, and the restic project wishes to send a big thank you to everyone who contributed to make this happen. Every contribution, be it a small documentation change or deeply technical code changes and optimizations, are always welcome. An extra huge thanks goes out to MichaelEischer for tying it all together with countless hours of tireless reviewing and carefully considered decisions as part of this delicate process.
Below are some highlights of the changes in this release (in no particular order):
- Change #2546: Restic now returns exit code 3 when failing to backup all source data, primarily useful when automating backups
- Fix #2592: The SFTP backend now supports IPv6 addresses
- Enh #2277: Support for the ppc64le architecture has been added
- Enh #2569: Support for excluding files by their size has been added
- Enh #323: You can now copy snapshots from one repository to another using the new
copycommand. In relation to this, please also see the new
--copy-chunk-paramsoption to the
- Enh #2328: Performance of the
checkcommand has been much improved
- Enh #2195: Performance of the
restorecommand has been much improved
- Enh #1680 and #2790: Performance of the
mountcommand has been much improved
Please note that this is only a manual selection of the improvements in restic 0.10.0 - there are numerous other optimizations, fixes and improvements to be found in the changelog!