Restic 0.16.0 Released31 Jul 2023
We are happy to announce the release of restic 0.16.0!
This version of restic brings up to 25% less memory usage and a lot of usability improvements, including
<snapshot>:<subfolder> syntax for the
restore commands, as well as a progress bar and JSON support for the
restore command. Please see the documentation of each command for details.
Restic now also includes a
repair snapshots command, which can be used to salvage certain types of damaged repositories. For consistency, the
rebuild-index command has been renamed to
Some other notable enhancements in this release are:
- Multi-platform docker images, now also available at ghcr.io.
- Improved lock refresh handling when using standby / slow network connections.
- Better lock retry handling with the
- backup: Support
--group-byfor backup parent selection.
- forget: Keep oldest snapshot when there is room for it according to
- azure: Add support for Managed / Workload Identities.
To download the new release and to see a more detailed list of important changes, please head over to GitHub. If you already have restic (0.9.4 or later), you can use the
self-update command to automatically download and verify the new release.
We wish to thank all of our wonderful contributors, who help making restic even better with every release as well as giving support and guidance to other restic users in the community. Thank you all!